Circular Knitting needles in Larger sizes are used for Bulky Knits like the Classic Lopi Icelantic Sweater. To Knit Sweaters in the Round, One Needs Smaller Needles or Double Pointed Needles for the Sleeves and Larger Ones for the Body.
Knitting for Myself, I Use Double Pointed Needles for Sleeve Cuffs and Matching Socks, 43cm (17") for Sleeves and Neckbands, 100cm (40") for the Body. Size 65cm (25.5in) is commonly used knitting for children. Size 80cm (31in) for teens and women. Size 120cm (47in) for plus sizes and men. Generally, if your knitting gets bunched up on your circular needle and you risk losing stitches, switch to a larger length circular needle. If your are struggling and stretching your stitches to reach around the circular needle, switch to smaller length needles or double pointed needles.
You can use a smaller gauge needle and end caps as a stitch holder as needed. For example, If knitting a sleeve on 43cm long size 10 needles, you can slip the stitches onto a size 9 needle when you use the size 10 to knit the second sleeve.
- Set of 5 Circular Knitting Needles
- Finely Milled Stainless Steel
- Your choice of length (all needles in set in same length):
- Length Options: 43cm, 65cm,80cm,100cm,120cm
- Length Options: 17in, 25.5in, 31in, 40in, 47in
- Needle Length 43cm: 10cm (4in)
- Needle Length all other sizes: 13.5cm (5.3in)
- Quantity: Set 5 circular needles
- Needle Size: 6.0mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm
- Needle Size (US): 10, 10.75, 11, 13, 15
- Ordered directly from the manufacturer for highest quality and price.
- Wholesale inquiries welcome.
- Ships directly from the manufacturer for delivery within 9-25 days.